Assign a 'primary' menu

Double Optin VERSUS Single Optin…Let The Battle Begin!

So this is a topic that is constantly debated…Double optin versus single optin.

Which is better? What the heck is double optin (aka confirmed optin) and single optin?

I explain both, and my opinion on this debate in the video below, so check it out now…

WHICH DO YOU THINK IS BETTER? DOUBLE OPTIN OR SINGLE OPTIN? LEAVE YOUR RANTS, RAVES, COMMENTS, or QUESTIONS below in the comments!

P.S. If you need a super cheap autoresponder, BUT home business, and affiliate marketing friendly, and that has deliverability that rivals the top high cost autoresponders, then I highly recommend this company.

P.P.S. If this helps you in any way, please Like, Share, Tweet, using the buttons on the left.

About the Author Jonathan Register

Leave a Comment:

6 comments
Jason says May 10, 2013

Honestly, I prefer double optin. While I know you get less leads, I know the leads are serious about what I have to offer. Just my opinion! Great video and great way to get good feedback going on the topic.

Jonathan Register says May 10, 2013

Hey, no it’s cool! You’re right that the leads are definitely serious if they are willing to take the extra step to be added to your list. But I think the loss of leads you get from that outweighs the pros of using double optin. Thanks buddy!

Brett Banford says May 10, 2013

Love it JR! As someone who has been building their list through ad swaps and solo ads I know for a fact my list would be twice as small if I did double opt-in. More people on your list more people to read and click your links, more money. Not interested, then unsubscribe that’s why it’s there! My 2 cents added!

P.S. I am a fiend for watermelon in the summer too!

Jonathan Register says May 10, 2013

Yep exactly!! Totally agree with you!

I’ve eaten so much watermelon today! :-) I love it!

Arthur Chan says May 10, 2013

Is there any concern about people subscribing to your list with single optin, yet turning around and complaining that you’re spamming them because they forgot that they opted-in in the first place?

Jonathan Register says May 10, 2013

Great point! They definitely could do that and you will get people hitting the Spam button (really regardless whether you use single optin or double optin). It is a risk, but I think the advantages of using single optin outweigh that risk.

Just something to be aware of though…as long as you’re sending high quality traffic to it, then it’s much less likely for something to happen like that.

Add Your Reply